Senior Researcher Sales and Marketing Research Solutions National
Sales & Marketing is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm’s market strategy and in particular to deliver
- Inclusion by default
- Living Intelligent Digital
- Telling stories that inspire
Research Solutions is part of Sales and Marketing, a centralised support function covering all aspects of marketing, sales support and business development. The Research Solutions team is part of the Creative Centre of Excellence within the Delivery Hub. The prime area of focus for the capability is to support client facing staff to win work and then complete that work so the client receives a distinctive brand experience. This is a new role, there is a need to grow the team to meet increasing research demand from the UK firm. Research Solutions is a very well respected team which has a great reputation for providing quality research support.
In this role, the successful candidate
- Provides research support primarily to the UK firm
- Provides advice on how client staff can undertake their own research
- Delivers training to client staff in the use of self-serve tools
- Collects and analyses data to help staff make decisions
- Proactively evaluates new research tools and formulates new research offerings
- Works with a range of staff at all grades
- Works effectively with other parts of Sales and Marketing to support business strategy and revenue growth
- Brings curiosity and challenge so that research offerings are continuously improved.
Who We're Looking For
PwC is looking for an experienced researcher to join the Research Solutions Team at Executive level. The role will support all our lines of service with their secondary desk research needs – but there is scope to focus on particular parts of the business as well, such as Deals Research or Market Data.
Experience of conducting secondary desk based research is required, so the key skills required are
- The ability to undertake research and analysis from a wide range of research tools utilised in PwC such as Factiva, Thomson Reuters products, Bloomberg, S&P Capital IQ, BvD products, BMI.
- Researchers provide insight and intelligence rather than large downloads of data.
- Further the post-holder will need to interact with client facing staff on a daily basis and at a range of grades in order to explain their research findings, as well as defining the remit of a research service.
The role will report to the Head of Research Solutions, and be part of a team of 8 research staff. The team provides research support to all parts of the UK firm.
Can be based in Leeds, Newcastle or Manchester.
Requirements Essential skills
- Degree qualified.
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience in using research tools.
- Able to explain the data found during the research process accurately and completely
- Able to balance and prioritise multiple requests from staff at all levels, alongside own administrative and team responsibilities
- Can demonstrate that they have effectively shared knowledge across teams
- Has knowledge of relevant trade associations, bodies and journals
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters, Boardex, Capital IQ, Factiva, Bloomberg and Mergermarket amongst others
- Experience of searching for industry/company/biographical information
- Experience of training staff on a technical competency such as research skills and also on products such as Factiva
- Experience of working in a customer or service focused role
- BA or MA in Information Research
- Able to use the advanced functionality of Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Demonstrate that they have effective networking and marketing skills
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.