Senior Project Engineers
Senior Project Engineers - Major Infrastructure Project
Plymouth - Devonport Royal Dockyard
My client are the owner, operator and licensee of Devonport Royal Dockyard and is one of the principle support partners of the MOD and Royal Navy, responsible for undertaking deep maintenance (refits) on the Royal Navy fleet.
They are embarking on a programme of major infrastructure upgrades to provide modern facilities to support the future warship and submarine programmes at Devonport.
The Company is seeking to build a sustainable, effective multi-disciplinary capability to lead the development and delivery of this programme, working closely with a range of key suppliers and partners.
Initial projects relate to upgrades of a dock and non-tidal berth to support the Astute Class submarines and future programmes. We are looking for a number of Senior Project Engineers to join this strategic team who are about to embark on one of the largest major infrastructures projects within the UK.
As part of the Strategic Infrastructure team, the primary purpose of the Senior Project Engineer post is to assist the Project & Package Managers with delivery of project scope.
- Support to planning and scheduling of project activities.
- Management and delivery of distinct controllable tasks / activities.
- Development of control of work information.
- Production of Risk Assessments / Method Statements and ensuring that all tasks are undertaken in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Management / liaison with sub-contracts in support of delivery of contracted works
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of engineering works, e.g. civil works, mechanical or electrical systems / services.
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience working in a project environment.
- Have effective writing and presentation skills.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more please apply to this ad.