Infrastructure Engineer (Active SC Clearance Essential)
Infrastructure Engineer (SC Cleared), Engineer, Infrastructure, Infrastructure Specialist, 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Support, 3rd Line Engineer, Infrastructure Design, Java, Weblogic, SiteMinder, Access Controls, Web Servers, Apache, Tomcat, Middleware, EntireX, LSAP, Service Bus, Linux, Windows, PNC, XML, Axway, Vordel, Forum Sentry, Software, Cloud, Commercial-off-the-shelf, COTS, Open-source Packages, SC Cleared, SC Clearance, Clearance SC
Infrastructure Engineer, Public Sector, 6 months initially (extended up to two years),
Hendon, Outside IR35
An Infrastructure Engineer is required to support existing BAU teams with the support of all Infrastructure Engineer related functions in the Data Centre whilst also acting as an Infrastructure Engineer for a large priority project.
You will need to engage with members of the PNCS - Stakeholders, programmes and projects:-
* To deliver some of the ASI/design work, external stakeholder engagement should be expected.
* To deliver some of the design work, external stakeholder engagement should be expected.
You shall be responsible for the delivery of the design and specifications and completing the activities required to understand the following technologies:
* Java application servers (WebLogic)
* Access Control Software (SiteMinder)
* Web Servers (Apache and Tomcat)
* Middleware (EntireX), LDAP directory software and Enterprise Service Bus technology (Oracle Service Bus).
As well as supporting Subject Matter Experts with live service issues, you willl articulate specifications to a level that an implementation team can use and refine these specifications with technical colleagues and delivery partners. A specialist expertise shall be available to consult with such as live service teams and other specialist technical teams.
Essential Skills / Experience
- An understanding of core technical concepts related to the requirement and ability to build solutions over the last 3-5 years.
- A broad understanding of technical concepts, tools and methods and the way in which these are implemented over the last 3-5 years.
- Providing 2nd/3rd line support to mission critical systems over the last 3-5 years.
- Knowledge/experience of LINUX/Windows operating systems on the PNC Open Systems over the last 3-5 years.
- Knowledge/experience of XML Gateway technologies (Axway Vordel and Forum Sentry) over the last 3-5 years.
- Knowledge/experience of Java application servers (WebLogic), access control software (SiteMinder), web servers (Apache, Tomcat), middleware (EntireX), LDAP directory software and Enterprise ServiceBus technology (Oracle ServiceBus) over the last 3-5 years.
- Knowledge/experience of building, configuring, transitioning, administering and supporting infrastructure technologies and solutions such as: compute, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software, cloud, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and open-source packages and solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of proactively resolving technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements taking accountability for actions taken and decisions made.
- Demonstrable evidence of responding to incident reports, ensuring relevant prioritisation and detail to allow for effective investigation.