Network Implementation Engineer
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence.
Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a Network Implementation Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Newport.
What we offer
??? Challenging tasks in a company with some of the most innovative cyber security technology and services
??? Integration into an international network of cyber security experts across and outside of Europe
??? Participation in Europe-wide projects as prime supplier
??? Exciting development opportunities and perspectives within Airbus as a global player
??? An attractive company pension scheme
??? Airbus Group success share scheme
??? An extensive range of additional benefits, such as car options, travel insurance for the whole family, child care vouchers, etc.
??? Flexible working hours
The Network Implementation Engineer is responsible for reviewing the current status and inputs from the customer and producing site specific Network Designs covering internal and external requirements for the implementation of the kit on to their allocated sites.
As a Network Implementation Engineer, you will conduct a site survey and input this information into the Site Specific Design Documentation.
You will be responsible for ensuring the Site Specific Design meets current customer requirements and contractual obligations.
You will produce a BoM for new active equipment that meets your Site Specific Design criteria.
You will be responsible for the writing of configuration files for the new active hardware as well as installing the new equipment.
It will also be your responsibility to produce an as fitted pack based on the red line drawings submitted for the site and test results from the customer.
As a Network Implementation Engineer you will have to:
- Attend Site Survey Meeting
- Conduct site survey of active equipment and associated passive infrastructure
- Complete Site Specific Design documentation
- Check Active BoM meets expectations and matches Site Specific Design requirements
- Perform active installation ??? includes removal of existing hardware and installation of replacement hardware
- Experience in writing/updating the configurations on switches and routers where faults are found
- Perform re-patching on a like for like basis after switch replacement if necessary
- Action rejections and re-work requests, ensuring deliveries remain on target
- Communicate effectively with team members.
- Report progress on tasks as required to immediate supervisor or project manager.
- Develop a trusting and professional relationship with QA representatives.
Decision making authority:
- Make technical decisions within the build tasks, establishing the best solutions for the products in question.
- Act as customer representative by deciding upon the suitability of a solution or system through testing that the solution meets the specification.
Problem solving responsibility:
- Be able to isolate and demonstrate failures in the product or system built, identifying likely causes and solutions.
- Be capable of applying general principles and experience to solve complex problems.
- Creation of network rigs in line with specifications.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company???s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent experience
- Hold a current Cisco CCNA
- Detailed familiarity of site preparation and construction including: rack installation, electrical wiring & loading, wall penetrations, safety practices, etc.
- Knowledge of interior??and exterior fibre optic and copper cable wiring, including single-mode, multimode and hybrid fibre optic cable, shielded and unshielded Category 5e cable, and termination and testing of new and legacy systems
- Knowledge of Health??and Safety of Electrical Installations
- Hands on recent experience of rolling out switches and routers to MoD sites
Other key skills/product knowledge:
- Requirements Management.
- System engineering principles.
- Able to understand the cost/benefit implications of various design decisions.
Must have existing UK SC security clearance, or be capable of attaining UK SC clearance
This role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can???t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.