Business Planning Manager
Business Planning Manager -
We are looking for a Business Planning Manager to join our team of consultants at Experis. Working on-site with one of our clients you will be responsible for providing the information flow between to/from the ISBP, budgeting, OBP and forecasting processes within their Business focus.
Strategic Business Planning:
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the development, maintenance and communication of a strategic business plan for their business.
- Responsible for facilitating information provision and decision management within their business to enable effective strategic planning as part of Group-wide ISBP
- Responsible for being the single POC providing all ISBP data and information flow to and from the Group-wide ISBP and budgeting process on behalf of their Business.
Operational Business Planning:
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the development, maintenance and communication of a high-integrity operational business plan for their business that translates the ISBP into a detailed rolling operational blueprint plan (and quarterly financial forecast) for delivering above target performance.
- Responsible for facilitating information provision and decision management within their business to enable effective operational business planning as part of Groupwide OBP
- Responsible for representing their Business in collaborative Group-wide OBP alignment negotiations and priority decision-making between Businesses, BD, E&O and Enabling Functions to ensure all OBPs are credible, aligned and two-way linked. This includes leading and facilitating all necessary reconciliation/conflict resolution between demand and supply sides to reach agreement on scenarios, gap closing actions and a shared rolling forward plan:
− Identify the major issues, drive resolution and formulate balanced
recommendations for Business LT review;
− Facilitate the Business LT OBP review and Business-level ReconcilResponsible for being the single POC providing the OBP data and information flow to
and from the Group-wide OBP, budgeting and forecasting processes on behalf of
- Responsible for presenting to the Business LT regular updates on OBP and raising up
for their review/decision all risks and options as necessary
- Responsible for proposing and understanding target/stretch gap-closing options
through the application of assumption, trends, opportunity and vulnerability
scenario planning, modelling & analysis (includes order, finances and resource
- Responsible for facilitating and coordinating effective target/stretch gap-closing
decision-making and action taking by IDTLs, Sales Leads and the Business LT to drive
operational business performance
- Responsible for the coordination and provision of all operational performance
forecasting data and information (order, finances, resources and other non-financial
KPIs) for management reviews across the Business, including BPRs; ensuring high
levels of timeliness and accuracy
- Responsible for leading the on-going production of a high-integrity total Businesswide
resource demand signal for people and facilities as input to supply planning
(covers all BD pipeline, project backlog and discretionary efforts)
- Responsible for leading the on-going production and execution of the total Businesswide
supply plan to satisfy the demand through detailed plans for developing
resource capacity and capability (all people, equipment, facilities and suppliers) and
relevant internal investmentiation review
Analysis & Modelling
- Responsible for understanding and analysing market trends and translating these
- into business scenarios, demand signal changes and performance outcomes
- Responsible for the development, application and embedment in their business focus of the capability to analyse and predict performance trends and compare planning and forecasting accuracy at all levels from Project to Business; and also responsible for using this comparison to positively to enable focused learning interventions and wider performance improvement actions
Collaboration & Relationships
- Responsible for driving effective collaboration between demand and supply owners: Programme Directors, Engineering/Operations Directors, BD Directors, IDT Leaders, Sales Leads, Heads of Discipline
- Responsible for creating and growing a strong, diverse and representative network of stakeholders through-out the senior leadership and management community
- Responsible for effective use of the stakeholder network for two-way engagement, communications and feedback gathering
Processes & Improvement
- Ownership of the effective implementation of and adherence to Group procedures and guidance for ISBP, OBP and S&OP across their Business focus
- Responsible for continuously developing and improving OBP analysis and scenario modelling methods within their Business using industry best practice and feedback from internal stakeholders
- Responsible for continuously developing and improving OBP measures of performance (KPM, KPIs) using industry best practice and feedback from internal stakeholders and using them to identify specific areas for improvement
- Responsible for continuously developing and improving OBP reporting and communications methods using industry best practice and feedback from internal stakeholders
- Providing effective, supportive and timely respond to all user feedback, questions and requests for help
Capability, Maturity, Development
- Responsible for implementing and embedding the ISBP and OBP transformation (esp cultural) to achieve an effective operational planning capability and associated reporting/metrics (orders, financial, resources and delivery progress)
- Responsible for undertaking regular OBP maturity assessments and maintaining an improvement plan agree with the Business LT
- Responsible for driving the continuous improvement and maturing of the strategic and operational business planning capability within their Business
Leadership & Coaching
- Be recognised within their Business as the focal point and expert in all aspects of strategic and operational business planning, including orders, finance, resource demand and other KPI forecasting
- Responsible for supporting educating, coaching and leading continuous improvement activities within the senior leadership and management community
- As a member of the PE central team, act as a visible leader and ambassador for the whole PE function, so that PE are recognised and trusted as adding demonstrable value and directly enabling business and customer advantage
We are looking for:
- Detailed knowledge of the design and implementation of their capability, including understanding of underpinning principles and the supporting systems.
- Strong leadership capabilities to effectively build and inspire high-performing teams with a focus on continuous improvement and collaboration. Excellent abilities to collaborate with network of geographically dispersed stakeholders.
- Strong management skills to drive successful delivery against an agreed plan and to challenge behaviours and accepted working practices at all levels.
- Strong stakeholder management skills to identify, plan and implement actions to positively engage parties with interest in, or influence over the capability
- Demonstrate high-levels of negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to build strong relationships quickly at all levels and across all disciplines.
- Location: Farnborough
- Duration: permanent (consultancy basis)
- Salary: depending on experience
- 22 days Holiday per annum
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assisted Programme
- Corporate gym membership
- Childcare vouchers (Tax & NI free)
Please apply by submitting your CV.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.