Specialist Support Assistant
We are an inclusive and progressive school that encourages development and a professional ethos. We are part of a successful family of schools, run by Star Academies. Eden Girls’ School, Coventry is a new 11-18 Academy, which opened in September 2014 and will grow, over the coming years, to school roll of 800 pupils. We moved into a state of the art new build with outstanding facilities for all faculties.
Our mission is to create an outstanding organisation that inspires learners with excellence in academic achievement, character development and service to communities.
We are seeking to appoint a Specialist Support Assistant to join our existing team of committed and skilled support staff in providing specialist one to one support for pupils with educational or support requirements.
- Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Have an enthusiasm for supporting children with special educational needs
- Have a passionate belief in our school’s mission statement, including education in a school with a strong faith ethos and the belief that all pupils can make outstanding progress with the best support
- Be highly organised, ICT literate and have excellent communication and motivational skills to engage young people
We encourage and support staff in gaining additional qualifications where required and would welcome applications from graduates who are interested in becoming a qualified Teaching Assistant.
You will find a school that:
- is passionate about its mission of ‘promoting a culture of educational excellence’
- has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our learning community
- has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development
- is well-ordered with high standards of commitment from students, staff and parents.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. For an informal and confidential discussion regarding the role, please call Aysha Patel, Office Manager on 0247 622 0937.
Applications must be made via the e-Teach site, CV’s will not be accepted for this post.
Closing Date: Thursday 9th November 2018 at Midnight
Interview Date: week commencing 12th November 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts within our school are subject to satisfactory references, DBS and health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.