Marketing Automation Strategist
- Full Time
The American Chemical Society is looking for a Marketing Automation Strategist to join the ACS International based in their Oxford, England office.
The Marketing Automation Strategist is a key member of the ACS Publications sales and marketing team, and will have a hands-on role in managing the marketing automation program for ACS Publications. This role will oversee general strategy for the Publications Divisions’ use of marketing automation, the relationship with the vendor, consultants, developers, designers and internal marketing team members in order to maximize data collection, profitability, and innovative marketing campaigns. This leader will be an adept communicator, able to train others in the use of marketing automation, as well as facilitate communication about upcoming changes or best practice as required. Position works within a team environment to collectively achieve the goal of expanding the overall market influence of ACS Journals and Products. Position reports to Manager, Marketing Operations.
- Oversee annual strategy for ACS Publications use of marketing automation program in collaboration with our internal marketing team.
- Manage the ongoing day-to-day operation, configuration, administration and optimization of the Marketing Automation platform.
- Maintain data integration processes, hygiene, segmentation, and list management for the marketing team.
- Work to create scalable processes that ensure best practicing lead generation and database management across the division.
- Define standards and coordinate tagging system, attribution, naming, segmentation, testing and reporting.
- Build and maintain best practice guidance for marketing automation within the teams, with regular training.
- Support marketing team with campaign and asset development, and reporting.
- Develop innovative ways to automate key processes and campaigns to maximize ROI from marketing operations, including user journey management.
- Employ knowledge to update and manage technical aspects of the marketing automation platform, including contact programs and processing rules.
- Manage data protection processes across the division’s digital assets.
- Communicate goals, initiatives and results of use of ACS Publication’s marketing automation and journal marketing campaigns internally and cross divisionally.
- Work with Marketing Operations Manager to improve marketer and user experience across our digital landscape.
College degree (relevant field) or equivalent experience; usually has an advanced degree (relevant field) or equivalent experience. 7+ years of related experience. 3+ years technical experience with Oracle Eloqua strongly preferred.