The World Energy Council is seeking a professional, enthusiastic and committed individual to join a fast-paced and international environment to help build and manage our Partner community.The Manager, Partners performs a key role in the Networks and Communities department in managing and developing the World Energy Council’s key corporate relationships, ensuring strong stakeholder engagement, financial support and industry expertise for our work across content, innovation, platforms and events, and thought-leadership. In addition to managing their own portfolio of Partner companies and coordinating and tracking Partner engagement, the Manager works closely with colleagues to ensure mutually beneficial involvement of new and existing Partners. They actively identify and pursue sustainable business opportunities that leverage our relationships with new and existing Partners to maximise the delivery of the Council’s mission.
Objective of the role:
Manage positive and highly-valued relationships with Partner companies, acting as a credible ambassador for the organisation.
Ensure high-quality promotion and delivery of the Council’s products and services to current and prospective Partner companies.
Ensure multiple levels of meaningful engagement across the Councils work streams and ambition to deliver high levels pf Partner satisfaction and mission alignment with the Council's activity.
Innovate and strengthen internal processes to enable professional outreach to existing and potential partners, ensuring that actions outlined in account plans are implemented, managed and monitored.
Champion effective corporate involvement within the organisation and build collaborative relationships with the Councils teams to identify and maximise new opportunities for Partner outreach, including working with member committees.
Explore and execute new opportunities for engagement across our energy-related activities in response to Partners’ requirements and particular areas of interest.
Background and Profile:
- A good first degree in a relevant discipline: most likely business, marketing, economics, or politics.
- Excellent English fluency (written and spoken) with other language fluency highly regarded.
- Demonstrable track record of managing high-level stakeholders, preferably within a membership-based charity, not for profit or commercial environment.
- Applied understanding of robust account management processes in achieving team objectives.
- Hardworking, committed and motivated, a great ambassador with a positive and efficient can-do attitude.
- Experience/interest in the energy sector would be an advantage.
- High degree of IT proficiency, including Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Excel, PowerPoint, with a keen eye for how technology can add value to the Council’s proposition.
- Occasional international travel may be required.
For further details please ensure you visit our careers page of the World Energy Council website.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are well suited to the role by email via the button below, please state Manager, Partners in the subject of your email.
The deadline for applications is 5.00 pm 19th November 2018.
Candidates should also confirm their right to work in the UK and the basis on which they can work.
The World Energy Council is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from candidates irrespective of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. No applicant will be disadvantaged by conditions which cannot be shown to be justified and selection will be based on merit.