Sports Teaching Assistant Apprentice - Full-time
Ide Hill School have an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship, specialising in PE.
Start Date: TBC/January 2019
Salary/Wage: £111 per week
Hours of Work: You will have a standard working week of a minimum of 30 hours, inclusive of 30 minutes lunch. You will be required to work outside of normal office hours; at evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Responsible To: Apprenticeship Manager
Responsible For: Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport alongside Teaching Assistant role within work placement.
Contractual Status: Fixed term Apprenticeship contract.
Overall purpose of the Job
The successful candidate will work as an Apprentice Teaching Assistant and Sports Coach within a full time work placement placed in a partnered school.
The role will also include a full study programme, to ensure that all elements of the framework are satisfactorily completed, including:
Level 2 or 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport.
- Functional Skills in English & Maths (where appropriate).
- Potential Level 2 or 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To complete all elements of the framework within the allocated time period for this Apprenticeship.
- Complete all duties as required at the school placement, as set out and agreed.
- To promote the work of the organisation and ensure positive media is achieved through internal and external mediums – locally, regionally and nationally where applicable.
Become a PE and School Sports Apprentice, learning new skills, gaining valuable qualifications in in the sporting world that will support you on your career pathway.
Key skills and experience required: Essential
- The ability to work effectively with others as a competent team member.
- Previous involvement with your PE and School Sports network.
- Computer literacy/word processing skills.
- Good time management skills.
Key skills and experience required: Desirable
- Previous work experience in a sporting environment in any capacity, e.g. after-school club or sports club.
- Previous work experience as a coach or sports leader.
- Maths and English GCSE grades at 9-4
This is a paid position and will require you to work a minimum of 30 hours a week which shall be determined by the partner school.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV with a cover
Closing Date: 01/01/2019 at 12:00
Information about the school
Ide Hill C E school is a very popular primary school for pupils from Reception to Year 6, set in idyllic countryside. Our pupils are well behaved, courteous and are a pleasure to teach.
For more information please visit our school website.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.