Group Finance Director
Our client, a fast-growing financial services group in the North West is looking to recruit an experienced finance director candidate to join the business on a permanent basis and report across all financial dealings within the group.
Key Responsibilities include:
Raising Capital / Investor Relations
- As part of the senior management team, work on capital requirements and financing.
- Prepare shareholder relations policies, procedures, and information programs.
- Generate annual and interim reports to shareholders and the senior management team.
- Make recommendations on new or revised policies, procedures, or programs when needed.
Financial /Cash Management
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Work as part of the Senior Management team on funding activities.
- Initiate banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Generate forward-looking models to provide financial insight into the organisation's plans and operating budgets.
- Oversee and provide guidance on cash management, accounts payable and accounts receivable management.
Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage with senior management to develop short-term and long-term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices and manage the auditing process.
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Serve, and participate, as key member of the Senior Management Team.
- Create operational, financial and budget forecasts for both short-term and long-term goals.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems that provide critical financial and operational information to senior leadership team.
- Create and establish financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget and monthly cash flow.
- Analyse and provide recommendations on monthly financial results.
- Create and execute analysis and process for new business initiatives.
- Develop and maintain monthly and annual operating budgets.
- Responsible for payroll and benefits, providing accurate information, reporting/analysis (payroll, benefits & Headcount), support and advice.
- Lead the preparation and coordinate monthly payroll data, working closely with our external payroll bureau, ensuring that payroll is accurate.
- Preparation of the associated accounting treatment for all payroll and journals into management accounts.
- Preparation of all government reporting and associated payments and analysis, including PAYE, P11d, Gender pay, Apprentice levy.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return to HMRC.
- Preparation of Bank reconciliations
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Review and ensure all applications have internal and external compliance controls.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for investors and company's board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements as well as the preparation and tax returns.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Review insurance options and recommend to the CEO/Board appropriate cover for the business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Demonstrable experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, ideally in the Financial Services or Legal Services sector.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong problem solving and ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Make and implement crucial recommendations.