5 days per week
Working for Age UK can unlock many benefits and perks, such as:-
25 days holiday + Bank Holiday allowance + pension scheme + 100s of shopping discounts + life assurance + many more!!
You will generate and collect a minimum number of donated stock bags per week and deliver to the designated delivery point in each shop as directed by the Stock Collector Team Leader. To systematically distribute a minimum amount of collection envelopes per day and collect a minimum amount of bags per day. To feedback to the Team Leader the daily achievements at the end of the working day.
This full-time role offers 37.5 hours over 5 days a week.
This role will be based around Rickmansworth area but will cover Watford, Harrow and surrounding postcodes.
- To collect full bags, donations and empty bags generated from postings
- To post out for a minimum of 3 days
- To deliver to shops between 14.40pm and 17.00pm unless advised otherwise
- To deliver every donor a thank you card
- Implement the highest standards of customer care and service
- Responsibility of care and maintenance of Charity vehicle in accordance with Age UK procedures
- To complete all required paperwork and forward to the Team Leader within agreed timescales
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Full drivers licence and ability to map read
- Good administrative and organisational skills with the ability to keep basic records and organise work in a busy environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a wide range of people
- The ability to recognise stock potential from geographical areas in order to generate income
- The ability to work as part of an effective team
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety, Fire regulations.
- Ability to identify potential risks
Flexible approach to work required. Occasional requirement to work outside of normal area or work additional days to cover holiday/sickness
Processing stock deliveries will regularly involve carrying and moving (sometimes heavy) bags of stock. You will also be on your feet for long periods of time and work in all weather.
Due to insurance requirements, candidates applying for this role must be age 25 or over.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.