Viewer Insight Manager - MTV, Comedy Central & Paramount
Department: Viacom Consumer Insights & Analytics (UKNEE Cluster)
Manager: Director, Viacom Consumer Insights & Analytics
Viewer Insight sits at the heart of the Viacom brands and is critical in helping drive the company’s creative and commercial success.
This role involves leading a small team and collaborating with multiple departments across the business including Finance, Programming, Marketing, Digital and Strategy.
We are looking for an experienced Viewer Insight Manager to join this high performing team – working on iconic channels MTV, Comedy Central and Paramount Network and some of the UK’s most popular programmes (e.g. Geordie Shore, Roast Battle & Friends).
The Manager will be a pivotal member of the team, responsible for supplying performance analysis across Viacom’s linear (TV) and non-linear (Digital, VOD, Social) platforms - and will proactively inform the business of competitive and media landscape changes.
They will also be responsible for understanding young demographics and act as the ‘voice of the consumer’ for internal stakeholders.
- Continual focus on the primary objective of driving growth and consumption across all of Viacom’s platforms
- Support the team in the analysis of its channel and programme brands across both linear (TV) and non-linear (Digital, VOD, Social) platforms
- Develop a thorough understanding of Viacom’s competitive marketplace and communicate this knowledge across the business
- Manage, guide and support the team’s Senior Research Executive and Intern
- Be a key point of contact for ad-hoc senior management team requests
- Support the UKNEE Cluster teams (UK, Ireland, Nordics, Central Eastern Europe) in the production of reports, analysis and marketplace understanding – sharing best practice where relevant
- Support in writing, analyzing and debriefing primary research projects
- Act as the ‘voice of the consumer’ for Viacom’s brands - assisting in running any internal focus groups/regular surveys and researching wider behavioral/societal changes
- Develop close and knowledgeable relationships with relevant departments - Programming, Marketing, Digital, and Strategy within the UKNEE cluster
- Work closely with other members of Viewer Insight across the Viacom portfolio in the UK – Kids, Channel 5 and Forecasting
- Responded to regular ad-hoc requests from Finance, Programming, Marketing, Digital and Strategy teams
- To assist in managing all relevant research information sources and databases
- Participating in relevant presentations and meetings, hosting and presenting where required
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE – ESSENTIAL
- Experienced resarch analyst ideally from a TV background - although candidates from other areas (e.g. media owners, TV ad sales, digital, media agencies) may be considered
- Highly numerate with strong statistical experience
- Highly competent at analyzing large datasets – with the ability to look beyond the numbers and transform data into actionable insight
- Detailed working knowledge of TV data systems (e.g. BARB, TechEdge), digital tracking software (e.g. Omniture, Comscore, Google Analytics) and social listening tools (e.g. Crims and Hexagons, Facebook/Youtube Analytics)
- Exceptional Excel skills with relevant work experience using excel to distill complex data sets into audience insights
- Experience of managing team members
- Detailed knowledge of the UK TV and wider media marketplace and a strong interest in TV/digital entertainment platforms – from a consumer and business perspective
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to deal with all levels of the company
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE – PREFERRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Awareness of the UK affiliates market
- Experience of media ad sales or sponsorship functions
- Experience in survey research (design, implementation) & focus group moderating
- Experience in using data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Infectious appetite for media and consumer insight
- Highly numerate and passionate about using data to inform decisions
- Able to look beyond numbers to interpret and transform key research findings into able tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive, hard working with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Pro-active and goes the extra mile
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive and keen to learn; able to ask perceptive questions
- Strong collaboration skills – building. Developing and nurturing high performing teams
- Able to work with autonomy, and taking responsibility for your own workload
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available at our website.
Closing Date: 09 November 2018