FPGA Engineer up to £55,000 benefits - Worcestershire
FPGA Engineer - Worcestershire - up to £55,000 + benefits (dependant on experience)
Role Type: Permanent
Location: Worcestershire only
Level: Various Levels of Seniority
Overall Purpose of the Job
A leading defence and security consultancy are looking to bring in 3 x FPGA engineers with experience to join their Centre of Excellence - in order to work on a number of high profile and complex mission critical projects.
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic FPGA to develop firmware for cutting edge electronics systems. You will be solving technically challenging problems and may work on a variety of projects, from rapid developments with tight time-scales (a few days/weeks) to full scale system developments (1+ years).
The role entails working with specialists from across a number of disciplines which may include; RF, electronics and FPGA design, digital signal processing, secure products, navigation products, and cryptography. You will also work throughout the engineering lifecycle, applying rigorous engineering practices; analysing, designing, implementing, testing, supporting and maintaining solutions that solve the mission-critical problems of our customers.
- Responsible to Project Design Authority for firmware related activities.
- Produces written documentation (including presentation material) of technical work in accordance with Project requirements
- Rapid learning of current technologies in support of research and products.
- Innovation in the application/integration of digital hardware technologies to build novel embedded systems
- Communicating ideas with multiple stakeholders and customers, at all levels, technical, non-technical and management.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Must be able to write and debug VHDL
- Experience working in a rigorous engineering environment
- Process working ensuring it's documented
- Testing and understanding of low level high speed digital design
- Ability to write and debug VHDL.
- Experience designing and implementing complex firmware solutions in CPLD and FPGA using ModelSim, Synplify, ISE.
- Experience of design and implementation of high-speed of digital processing solutions and systems in FPGA e.g. system-on-chip, embedded processors, high speed interfaces
- Experience of working in a rigorous engineering environment using configuration management and change management processes/tools.
- Ability to prepare and undertake test and verification of FPGA/ASIC
- Good degree in electronics, electrical engineering or similar
- Good verbal and written Technical English communications skills.
Essential Personal Qualities and Behavioural Requirements
- Self-starter, shows initiative
- Offers solutions to problems
- Enthusiastic team player
- Driven to deliver great results
- Strong risk awareness
- Quality conscious
- Able to follow processes and procedure
this is a fantastic opportunity to join some of the worlds' most intelligence workforce. There are extensive career progression and development opportunities and the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious projects in the country.
Please note due to defence security levels required for this post, applicants are required to be British Passport holders.