Project Support Officer (DV Clearance Essential)
Project Support Officer, Project Support Consultant, Assistant Project Support, Project Support, Assistant MOD DV, DV Cleared, DV Clearance, Development Vetted, Developed Vetted, PRINCE 2, IT, IS, ITIL, Agile, Transition, Upgrade, Refresh, Risk Management, MoR, MSP, APM, Defence, MOD
Project Support Officer, Defence Equipment & Support, 32 weeks (8 week extension), Hereford, DV Clearance Essential
You will be a key member of the System Operating Authority, overseeing the integration of a bespoke network. You will work with the delivery organisation on a daily basis.
- Provide Project Support Function as defined within PRINCE2.
- Undertake schedule and risk management activities with all stakeholders.
- Assist Project managers in production and maintenance of project plans.
- Work with the System Operating Authority, System Design Authority and Project Stakeholders to ensure the support function operates in an efficient manner.
- Provide Secretariat function at all Project Meetings as directed by the Project Delivery Lead.
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop and implement appropriate configuration management procedures for project documentation.
Key Skills / Experience
- MOD DV clearance required on day one of the appointment due to the sensitivity of the role.
- A high degree of computer literacy including advanced knowledge of the MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Project, VISIO and Risk Management Tools such as Predict or @Risk.
- Project planning ability using a recognised Project Methodology such as PRINCE2.
- Experience of working on IT/IS projects / programmes.
- Ability to analyse, consolidate and present information from various sources.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- Working Knowledge of ITIL V.3 and how it is applied.
- Demonstrable understanding of Earned Value Management.
- Demonstrable experience of effectively and accurately communicating relevant project information to all identified stakeholders.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Knowledgeable of transition, upgrade, refresh projects in an Agile environment.
- Risk Management qualification eg. MoR.
- Project Management qualification i.e. MSP, PRINCE 2, APM.