Project Controls Manager
Project Controls Manager - Major Infrastructure Project
Plymouth - Devonport Royal Dockyard
My client are the owner, operator and licensee of Devonport Royal Dockyard and is one of the principle support partners of the MOD and Royal Navy, responsible for undertaking deep maintenance (refits) on the Royal Navy fleet.
They are embarking on a programme of major infrastructure upgrades to provide modern facilities to support the future warship and submarine programmes at Devonport.
The Company is seeking to build a sustainable, effective multi-disciplinary capability to lead the development and delivery of this programme, working closely with a range of key suppliers and partners.
Initial projects relate to upgrades of a dock and non-tidal berth to support the Astute Class submarines and future programmes. We are looking for a Project Controls Manager to join this strategic team who are about to embark on one of the largest major infrastructures projects within the UK.
As part of the Strategic Infrastructure team, the primary purpose of the Project Controls Manager is to provide the Project Manager with accurate and effective Project Controls data of all the areas under their direction and to manage and supervise the relevant cost, planning and risk resources and facilitate the timely provision of summary reports as required.
- Ensure that the Cost Management, Risk Management & Planning requirements are carried out in a timely and proficient manner
- Generate estimates for formal submission as part of business cases in tendering for new work
- Ensure that budgets are in place and that effective cost control and monitoring is planned and implemented
- Establish and maintain the agreed Project estimate in line with the generated work breakdown structure, scope of work and approved change
- Formulate, review and agree cost baselines, control budgets and forecasts
- Establish value of work done, cost to date and work in progress in conjunction with subcontractors, partners and others
- Manage cost variation identification, estimation, mitigation and resolution
- Establish and maintain an earned value management system
- Appraise management of major unmitigatable cost implications
- Approve and review subcontractor, partner and other payments
- Produce periodic reports in supporting project, commercial, finance and board requirements
- Implement the suite of project control management arrangements
- Ensure limits of delegated financial authority are in place
- Ensure a fully integrated schedule is in place that meets the business objectives
- Identify and manage areas that represent significant risk through proactive measures of risk management, assessment, CRA, TRA and mitigation
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more please apply to this ad.