Broadcast Engineer to be based in Feltham on an initial 3 Month contract. Experienced Broadcast Engineer responsible for making sure the equipment is working and maintained to a high standard.
Job Title - Broadcast Engineer
Location - Feltham
Rate - £ 250 per day
Duration - 6 Months
You will be part of a group responsible for producing, directing, and overseeing thousands of events, broadcasts, interviews, technical support trainings for new products, corporate communications, and similar events from our main location as well as from various locations around Europe.
You will be responsible for making sure the equipment is working and maintained to a high standard.
You will help support each production with great technical knowledge and not be phased in a live environment.
- Provide first line support in TV Studios/Gallery for live and recorded events.
- Webcasting of live and pre-recorded content.
- Technical support in the installation, operation and maintenance of our video/audio systems and equipment.
- Responsible for engineering project management including coordinating and supervising outside vendors, pre-event planning and testing, and risk mitigation planning.
- Be the expert for all our broadcast and streaming equipment with willingness to learn new equipment and practices.
- Communicates complex concepts; explains complicated information and provides alternative solutions to consider
- IT skill related to Windows and/or Mac desktop support and Servers would be preferred
- Basic IT skills related to IPV-4 would be desirable.
- IP video streaming basic skills required for show support.
- Determines the production techniques to be used: the types of equipment, studio set-up, necessary supplies and materials to complete the production
- Determines the types of production equipment to be purchased or rented for a particular event
- Some travel will be required.
- Plans and coordinates work schedules with team members
- Have significant budgetary input for each event production.
- Provides expert consultation regarding equipment requirements, utilization proposals, facility integration, post production design integration, and optimum equipment and facility utilization
- Supervises team members to ensure optimum technical quality during production
- Coordinates strategic planning of our facilities.
- Ability to receive inputs from customers, producers and directors to render creative solutions for all aspects of technical delivery during a live show or recorded events.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks while adhering to deadlines in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of live studio and event broadcast and webcast production.
- Hands-on knowledge of broadcast video production equipment, broadcast and production practices, techniques and terminology
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proven project management and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent communication, presentation, organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to manage event and video engineering crews as well as outside vendors
- Comfortable with wide variety of broadcast and audio-visual equipment and able to provide suggestions for system improvements.
- Can do attitude
- Creative thinker
- Desire to learn and improve on existing knowledge
- Understanding and experience of using/troubleshooting the following equipment/technologies:
- Video/audio routers
- DMX Lighting
- Analogue/Digital audio desks
- Vision mixers
- Broadcast character generators.
- Professional video camera packages.
- Edit suites and other software based apps.
- Professional Audio-Visual equipment/systems
- 5+ years professional experience in a live production environment
- AutoCAD skills desirable
- IT Windows & Mac desktop skills essential.
Candidates should submit CVs in the first instance. Mike Tripp 0161 924 3631