Systems Engineer - Hereford
An ambitious Systems Engineer is required to join an onsite team providing Operations & Maintenance support. The candidate's main role will be to provide server and systems administration support alongside the existing team.
- Soft skills: The ability to work well with others and be of a helpful disposition.
- Communication skills: The ability to communicate clearly with others, particularly technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Technical experience: Working knowledge of the following disciplines is required:
- Microsoft Windows client/server system architectures and administration
- Microsoft Exchange Server; Microsoft SharePoint
- Virtualisation (VM WARE)
- Storage solutions including Storage Area Network Arrays (SANs) and Backup Recovery Systems;
- The candidate will have some experience of delivering technical support to users.
- Desirable Skills
- Public sector experience, ideally having worked with the Ministry of Defence and the Armed Forces
- Microsoft® Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent certification strongly recommended.
- Some knowledge of LAN/WAN network architectures and Cisco IOS based routers/switches;
Must be willing to gain DV clearance, existing clearance preferred AND Must have a Full UK Driving Licence
Full job description and company details available upon request