Principle Estimator / Cost Engineer
Principle Estimator / Cost Engineer - Major Infrastructure Project
Plymouth - Devonport Royal Dockyard
My client are the owner, operator and licensee of Devonport Royal Dockyard and is one of the principle support partners of the MOD and Royal Navy, responsible for undertaking deep maintenance (refits) on the Royal Navy fleet.
They are embarking on a programme of major infrastructure upgrades to provide modern facilities to support the future warship and submarine programmes at Devonport.
The Company is seeking to build a sustainable, effective multi-disciplinary capability to lead the development and delivery of this programme, working closely with a range of key suppliers and partners.
Initial projects relate to upgrades of a dock and non-tidal berth to support the Astute Class submarines and future programmes. We are looking for a number of Principle Estimator / Cost Engineers to join this strategic team who are about to embark on one of the largest major infrastructures projects within the UK.
As part of the Strategic Infrastructure team, the primary purpose of the Principle Estimator / Cost Engineer is to develop and agree scope/budgets for projects and/or programmes and controlling forecast and actual costs against them. This includes the provision of risk & opportunity analysis on these budgets and change management.
- Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets incl Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW)
- Develop and maintain Project Risk & Opportunity registers and manage the mitigation actions
- Implementation of change management process on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements
- Provision of weekly and monthly performance & cost reports and associated analysis/narrative
- Lead on provision of estimates, resource and financial forecast data from the project into the business
- Cost estimate alignment between Primavera and IFS
- Ensure a full and detailed understanding and interpretation of the Customer requirements incl. Project gate and phase reviews iaw the Project Life cycle
- Lead on the continuity between estimating and project delivery
- Development and maintenance of Project Assumptions/Exclusions and Dependencies logs
- Management of the project change register and associated impact assessments
- Ensuring that the schedule is cost loaded in line with the Baseline budgets
- Maintain project EAC's and ensure regular reviews are undertaken with each discipline
- Govern alignment of integrated schedule to project change register and budgets/forecasts
- Relevant experience applying estimating, budgeting & cost control in a complex environment.
- Proven supervisory/managerial experience in an estimating environment.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more please apply to this ad.