BCL are currently assisting a highly regarded firm in the West Midlands to recruit an Insolvency Solicitor who has experience in dealing and/or working in the insolvency/restructuring team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and forward thinking team, who act for lenders, borrowers, insolvency practitioners and company directors on a wide range of business recovery, turnaround and insolvency matters.
- Responsible for running own caseload and ensuring deadlines are met
- Ensure all new instructions are appropriately scoped and priced to achieve target gross margin and signed off by line manager
- Maintain the integrity of data in key platforms such as Lawsoft, Visualfiles, Worksite and InterAction by ensuring that they are updated in a timely manner
- Robust matter management and financial hygiene
- Support business development/marketing
- Provide marketing support e.g. writing copy and reports, updating literature and seeking out networking opportunities
- Assist the more senior lawyers with more complex transactions
- Undertake legal research both as requested and on own initiative
- As the successful candidate you should have good technical knowledge of both personal and corporate insolvency procedures and have outstanding commerciality
- You should understand the unique pressures affecting the insolvency market and the plethora of funding facilities and arrangements for contentious insolvency cases
- Experience of administrations, IVA's, CVA's, bankruptcy, winding up and liquidation and investigations performed on behalf of liquidators and administrators into affairs and duties of directors is also required
- You will have specific experience of working within Insolvency with a particular interest in this area of law
- You will have good client and team communication skills and a desire to play a key role in the future of the insolvency team
- Above all, you will be able to deliver succinct, quality and tailored advice to key clients
- You will also be able to demonstrate the ability to work both autonomously and as a team player and will have high levels of motivation
On offer is a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including;
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days)
- Pension, training and development, private medical insurance, life assurance, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, on-site restaurant, childcare vouchers, and an active social committee
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page. BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.