Enterprise Software Sales Professional - North America
Regulatory DataCorp, Inc., (RDC), the Smarter Screening™ company, delivers powerful, decision-ready intelligence and world-class risk and compliance protection, allowing global organizations to identify banned/suspect entities, strengthen fraud protection, ensure regulatory compliance, manage supply and distribution risk, and protect their brand equity. With the world’s largest open source risk-relevant database, RDC provides AML/KYC compliance; Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) protection; emerging market intelligence; corruption, fraud and crime protection; and vendor screening and monitoring to a wide range of clients worldwide. Founded by 20 of the world’s leading financial institutions, today RDC is a Vista Equity Partners portfolio company.
Enterprise Sales Representative will build, grow and lead selling efforts to financial Institutions, financial technology (FinTech) organizations and multinational corporates within North America. This is your opportunity to become a top-tier sales professional in a growing company with a solid history of providing critical risk and compliance protection solutions.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Plan and implement market and territory sales strategy to identify growth opportunities, retain business and meet quarterly and annual revenue growth targets by leveraging market knowledge and developing value proposition in a competitive environment
- Understand the business issues of prospects and their requirements – develop solutions that meet their needs and demonstrate how RDC does this most effectively
- Manage all aspects of sales within assigned territory including; prospecting, activity tracking, opportunity management, forecasting revenue, contract management and closing deals
- Pursue leads generated by yourself and our inbound and outbound marketing efforts
- Document all activity (i.e., conversations, emails, meetings, etc.) in our SalesForce CRM and provide management accurate sales reporting and forecasting in regular intervals
- Manage the demo and/or proof-of-concept (PoC) process for prospects including defining strategy, scheduling internal resources, managing delivery and measuring success based on objectives
- Provide coaching and professional development to members of the sales support team in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical pre-sales skills
- Build collaborative relationships with industry partners to identify new opportunities and provide further market differentiation
- Maintain cooperative relationships with internal teams (e.g., product management, R&D, operations, finance)
- Maintain constant awareness of industry news, market trends, opportunities and competitor activity. Provide feedback to internal stakeholders including marketing, research and management groups to stay one step ahead
- Represent the company at industry and company events
- Customer Focus: Act in ways that demonstrate customer focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers, identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by treating customers with dignity and respect.
- Partner Focus: Act in ways that demonstrate partner focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with partners, identifying, meeting and exceeding partner expectations, and by treating partners with dignity and respect.
- Territory Management: Manage territory, considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability.
- Effective Communication: Deliver oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
- Industry Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of given industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
- Effective Selling: Utilize solutions-oriented, systematic approach to selling, leverage mastery of sales best practices and RDC’s sales methodology.
- Business Acumen: Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise.
- Financial Acumen: Use financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; know how financial decisions impact business success
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Experience Requirements
- 5+ years enterprise software sales experience, with 1-2 years successful track record of selling information and/or technology related services Proven results in a quota-oriented sales environment and an understanding of technology and technological innovations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT, business or sales related field
- Flexibility to undertake regular travel (up to 50%) and working hours to accommodate work commitments
- Good working knowledge of standard sales software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Salesforce
- Good understanding of financial services businesses and structures
- KYC/ Compliance/AML understanding desired but not essential