Network Development Engineer
MarkMonitor—the world leader in brand protection—is looking for a strong, talented, multi-tasking Network Development Engineer to join our Anti-Piracy Engineering team in London. You will design, develop, implement and test innovative anti-piracy solutions, working on leading edge technology and Cloud environments.
You will be part of a team responsible for developing and supporting cutting-edge IPTV Streaming Monitoring Solutions for our global customer portfolio. You will be working in an Agile, solution-driven development team on a variety of challenging projects. Reporting to the Development Manager, you must have a passion for networking and development practices, latest technology and solving challenging technical problems.
· Design and develop market leading Anti-Piracy IPTV solutions.
· Design and work with complex network exchange models.
· Analyse network video delivery methods.
· Analyse and document various electronic devices including IPTV set top boxes.
· Analyse and document piracy traffic down to the network protocols and endpoints.
· Analyse IP packet captures and automate the detection and collection of piracy traffic.
· Contribute to building highly available cloud based distributed systems.
· Keep abreast of new technology developments.
· Mentor peers on network architectures and specifics.
· Support non-technical members of staff.
· At least 7 years of experience.
· Good knowledge in Video distribution over IP.
· Good knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP(S) protocols.
· Good knowledge of video streaming protocols, such as RTMP, MPEG-DASH, HLS, etc.
· Good knowledge of video compression/encoding such as MPEG4, H.264.
· Strong understanding and demonstrable experience of network architectures, hereunder video delivery and CDN’s.
· Experience with network forensics and monitoring tools.
· Good knowledge of the Linux command line.
· Good knowledge of scripting or programming.
· Ability to work effectively as a team member, across project teams, and independently.
· Strong ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems.
· Demonstrable experience of working on high capacity, high availability systems.
· Strong cooperation and collaboration skills; motivation for sharing knowledge.
· Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent).
· A consummate communicator, both written and verbal
· Experience and proficiency in a programming language such as JAVA, C#, Python or PHP.
· Experience with web crawling.
· Experience with IPTV deployments, video transport and content distribution.
· Experience in video transcoding and FFMPEG.
· Knowledge in Video Watermarking solutions.
· Knowledge about DRM solutions.