Regional Quality Assurance Manager
About UL Consumer Technology:
At UL, we want to ensure products used at home, and at work are safe. Our mission “Working for a safer world” is as relevant today as it was in 1894 when the company was founded. What has changed is the diverse types of products we represent. UL’s Consumer Technology Services was set up to help technology-led businesses get safe products to market faster.
Since 2010, Consumer Technology Services at UL has helped many manufacturers improve product safety and fulfil regulatory and industry requirements for a successful product launch. This division caters to traditional consumer electronics and newer categories such as wearables and connected cars as technology and consumer demands evolve. UL continues to adapt to rapid changes and cater to our customers’ needs for testing, inspection, certification, and advisory services.
UL’s qualified engineers are passionate about technology; they help drive development and adoption of standards through active participation in industry bodies. The markets we serve include Asia Pacific, Africa, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, and North America. UL’s Consumer Technology test facilities are accredited by relevant international, national, state, and industry bodies to give you peace of mindResponsibilities
Performs variety of local/regional quality assurance engineering functions including development, implementation, support, and continuous improvement of UL’s quality system. Develops and implements policies, procedures, and metrics to ensure compliance with all quality systems for the UL Family of Companies. Serves as the technical leader for measurement techniques, root cause analysis, corrective action, preventive action and process control at an enterprise-wide level. Adheres to all quality standards and procedural guidelines as set forth by the corporation. Responsibly implements corporate policies, as well as corporate quality initiatives and plans.
- Develops, implements and maintains worldwide quality systems to meet and/or exceed the quality standard requirements (i.e., ISO 17025, 17065, Lean Sigma, etc). Ensures processes and procedures meet the full requirements of the quality standards as defined by UL’s quality system. Also, performs corporate oversight reviews and evaluates compliance with the stated requirements
- Provides project management leadership, acting as primary interface with Conformity Assessment Services management, coordinating company-wide technical related initiatives and ensuring timely delivery of commitments.
- Works closely with global initiatives aimed at introducing and institutionalizing a comprehensive set of quality metrics necessary to enable the UL enterprise to objectively manage to its quality goals and improve processes worldwide.
- Analyzes quality data to support improvement efforts. Facilitates root cause analysis and corrective action for quality issues. Recommends and implements system improvements worldwide.
- Interfaces with management and department heads in a team effort to resolve issues at all levels of the organization. Communicates with all levels to ensure consistency and integrity of UL’s quality systems.
- Manages the performance of direct reports by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing feedback and guidance, and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
Travel will be required to help with the development and implementation of quality systems and/or processes at CTECH locations within the EMEA region.
University degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related technical field plus generally eight plus years of experience in engineering quality some of which includes at least 2 – 3 years of direct management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in quality methodologies, statistical thinking, data systems, and statistical process control. Detailed knowledge of the ISO series of standards (e.g., ISO 9001, 10725, 17065).
- Demonstrated strong technical leadership/capabilities in project management, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex, and technical projects.
- Demonstrated analytical ability sufficient to evaluate potential causes or results of reported problems/issues and determine appropriate course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a matrix environment.
Software Powered by iCIMS