Teacher of English
We are looking for a qualified English Teacher to join our thriving team of permanent, specialist teachers.
What we are looking for:
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant degree
- A passion for education and making a difference
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to motivate others to high expectations
- Energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
As a teacher with the Harris Federation, you will receive a generous benefits package, including a Harris Allowance on top of MPS/UPS, performance and loyalty bonus, pension scheme (TPS), Harris wellbeing cash plan and additional Harris benefits.
About Harris Academy Bermondsey:
Harris Academy Bermondsey is a girls' school in the heart of London with drive and ambition. Ofsted rates us as Outstanding in every category, and we are passionate about making a difference to the lives of our young women, ensuring that they have every opportunity to succeed by identifying and nurturing each one's individual talents. Our uncompromising but caring approach to education has put us as one of the highest performing schools nationally for student progress and has led to GCSE results that are above the national average.
Why work at Harris Academy Bermondsey?
- An ‘Outstanding’ school, where you will join a very strong team of well qualified teaching and support staff
- A smart, welcoming environment in which to teach and learn
- A vibrant central London location, easily accessible by Underground and mainline rail services
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Applicant Pack.
For more information, or to arrange a visit or a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact the academy on 0207 237 9316.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.