Head of Mobility as a Service
About The Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to fulfil the role of ‘Head of Mobility as a Service’ (MaaS) within the Transportation Sustainability and Operations Group, providing technical leadership to a team of consultants involved in Future Mobility and Sustainable Transport and supporting the team’s activities within the wider business context.
The position will involve working on a wide range of activities in Future Mobility and Sustainable Transport and to widen our market offering in MaaS.
In addition, the role will involve an aspect of business development through engagement with clients and using your knowledge in the MaaS arena to develop new contacts and relationships.
- Identifying potential business opportunities, developing contacts and engaging with clients to take them forward; and the development of successful tenders
- Design, analysis and presentation of consultancy projects, carrying out a broad range of analyses autonomously and supporting junior members of the team to deliver projects.
- Providing Technical Leadership of complex multidisciplinary teams, including identification of core skill requirements, coaching and development of staff.
- Writing concise, client-focused technical reports, often for non-technical audiences.
- Presentation of findings to clients and senior stakeholders, developing and pursuing new business opportunities.
Skills & Experience
- Substantial experience working in the MaaS arena across a range of modes, for example in car and bicycle sharing schemes, ride-sharing, demand-responsive transport, integrated travel and fare systems.; or associated IT systems and business models.
- Understanding the key drivers of policy in this area and the relevant governmental stakeholders
- A good general knowledge of the relevant transport planning disciplines, in particular the drivers of travel behaviour, sources of transport data, monitoring and evaluation methods, benefits and costs.
- Knowledge of research methods: literature reviews, developing methodologies, data analysis.
- Experience in developing business and bid writing
- Experience of managing people and motivating junior staff
- The ability to write clear, concise, correctly punctuated and grammatically correct English, matched to the needs and requirements of a target audience
- Creativity in identifying how technical needs can be resolved
- Ability to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement within the business
- Self-motivation, being able to both lead and work as a member of a cross-disciplinary team
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Good team working skills, together with a flexible approach to working patterns
Eligible candidates must be able to demonstrate fluency in both verbal and written English.