Interim Group Data Protection Officer (Insurance Group) – Lawyer with GDPR Experience Required
Our Client, a leading Global Insurance Group, is looking for an interim Data Protection Officer who will be tasked with helping to build and develop their Data Protection policies and frameworks while they look for a permanent person for this role. Working as part of a large established compliance team and reporting to the Head of Compliance, duties will include:
• Lead and/or participate in the activities of the GDPR Steering Group and fortnightly Data Privacy Forum involving all Divisional Data Privacy Champions across the group.
• Leading and project managing the preparation and implementation of necessary data protection policies, standards, procedures and guidelines
• Taking accountability for ensuring compliance with all other related privacy and data protection regulations across the group
• Setting and maintaining the Privacy & Data Protection Standards
• Working in close collaboration with the IT security team to ensure all systems meet security needs
• Providing policy advice and guidance as well as necessary training to all areas of the business in relation to the Data Protection Act, GDPR and other related matters
• Drafting complex documentation such as data transfer agreements, privacy impact assessments and data processing agreements
• Reviewing and advising on DPA clauses in customer terms and supplier contracts
• Carrying out Privacy / Data Protection Impact Assessments
• Maintaining relevant registrations and securities with the Information Commissioner, act appropriately and effectively as the key point of contact for the group and lead on the resolution of data protection issues
• Prepare information and present to the Group Compliance and Risk Committee, Group Assurance Committee and Audit, Risk & Compliance Committee of the Board as appropriate
You should be a qualified lawyer with previous experience of some or all the above and be up to speed with GDPR. Any exposure to the Insurance sector is advantageous but more important is the proven ability to think independently and engage with & influence colleagues at all levels.
Should you feel you have the experience and above average communication and technical skills to be success in this interim role,
Symes Collins – Part of the Compliance Recruitment Solutions Group
We are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.