BMI Chaucer Hospital in Canterbury, Kent is part of BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer. With 58 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is a ‘magnet for the best’ nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business. Being part of a bigger healthcare group gives you as an employee great future career opportunities all over the country.
The BMI Chaucer Hospital is a 55 bed private hospital which has been serving Canterbury and surrounding areas for over 35 years. It is a well-equipped hospital providing healthcare across a number of specialities. The hospital has a range of outpatient services including a minor procedures theatre, 2 main operating theatres, imaging facilities, and a recently opened Urgent Care Centre. These facilities combined with the latest in technology and on-site support services; enable our consultants to undertake a wide range of investigations and operations. Consultants have the support of caring and highly trained nursing and allied healthcare professionals as well as access to some of the latest technology and equipment. With a team of resident medical officers available 24hours a day, the hospital provides an ideal environment for excellent clinical care and patient recovery.
As a result of on-going growth we have a an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Theatre Practitioner to join the team at the BMI Chaucer Hospital, we are looking for people who share BMI’s belief in providing the highest standards of perioperative care for patients. As a Theatre Practitioner or ODP with BMI, you’ll get to enjoy working as part of a close-knit and friendly team in a calm and supportive environment. You will be working alongside world class consultants on a variety of surgical procedures using some of the latest technology in the healthcare sector and you will receive ongoing training and development via our dedicated in-house BMI Academy.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a PART time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- To work across multiple surgical specialities in either the scrub or anaesthetic role
- Qualified nurse or ODP - mentorship preferable but not essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- BMI Competencies
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.