3 days out of 7
Working for Age UK can unlock many benefits and perks, such as:-
25 days holiday + Bank Holiday allowance + pension scheme + 100s of shopping discounts + life assurance + many more!!
We are currently recruiting a Shop Assistant, to assist the Manager and Assistant Manager, in providing a high quality of retail service in relation to agreed performance targets. To hold the shop in the Shop Manager/Assistant Manager's absence, undertaking all appropriate duties to ensure the continued operation of the shop
- Assist the manager and assistant manager in providing a high quality of retail service in relation to agreed performance targets.
- Hold the shop in the shop manager/assistant manager's absence, undertaking all appropriate duties to ensure the continued operation of the shop.
- Support, train and co-ordinate the work of volunteers in the shop as required by the shop manager, encouraging an active interest in the shop and the work of Age UK.
- Undertake any administrative and financial procedures as directed by the shop manager including accurately inputting required data into IT equipment within agreed timescales.
- Processing stock deliveries regularly requires carrying and moving heavy bags of stock.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Previous experience in a similar role. Charity/fashion sector experience a plus.
- Literate and numerate with good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a wide range of people.
- Flexible approach to work required. Occasional requirement to work additional days to cover holidays and sickness or participate in trading outside of normal shop hours e.g. shop events.
To comply with UK legislation we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.