Deputy Nursery Manager
Deputy Nursery Manager - East Grinstead
My client is currently looking for a Deputy Nursery Manager at their nursery in East Grinstead.
The Deputy Nursery Manager is responsible for supporting the Nursery Manager in the overall day to day running of the nursery, ensuring at all times that it is operating to the highest professional level. You will work with the Manager to provide a safe, stimulating and happy environment, ensuring that all activities and daily routines will promote all areas of the children's development.
You main duties and responsibility will include:
* Work within the designated room to provide the children with high quality care, support and pro-actively encourage the children's development.
* Have the awareness and ability to cope with all child problems and support the Manager with regards to the resolution of any parental problems.
* Arrange dispatch information packs and handle enquiries, arrange visits, update waiting lists and offer places when available.
* Work with the manager to ensure the nursery is adequately staffed at all times.
* Supervise all staff in relation to the running of each room.
* Where necessary support the Manager in interviewing and appointment new staff.
* Be responsible for the development and implementation of training programme for all staff including First Aid, Food Hygiene and Child Protection.
* Actively contribute to regular staff and supervisor meetings.
* Work with the financial support team to ensure invoices are correct, distributed and fees collected in a timely manner.
* Collate wages for all staff.
* Record petty cash transactions.
* Work with the committee to produce regular newsletters and communicate with parents via email, letter and communication boards.
* Update the website and co-ordinate with the committee on updates.
* Ensure all room plans and activities meet national requirements.
* Ensure the nursery policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Ideally you will be NVQ 3/4 qualified and have previous experience within a Room Leader or Deputies position.
If this position is of interest to you, please submit your CV or call 01293 848170 for more information.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.