Software Engineer (Graduate / Entry Level)
Software Engineer / Software Developer (Graduate / Entry Level)
A talented Graduate Software Engineer / Junior Software Developer is needed to join an independent software technology company that develops ground breaking solutions. With full training in LiveCode on offer the Graduate Software Engineer / Junior Software Developer will get a fantastic opportunity to build apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android.
Founded in 1997 and based in the heart of Edinburgh the Graduate Software Engineer / Junior Software Developer will be joining an independent software consultancy that specialise in rapid application development (RAD) for commercial, academic and creative environments. They have the capability to develop and launch apps in super quick time. The successful Graduate Software Engineer / Junior Software Developer will get a rare opportunity to progress their career in an exciting and ambitious tech brand.
We are looking for a Graduate Software Engineer / Junior Software Developer to help write the code for new business-to-business applications for clients and as part of a joint venture. The application being developed has the potential to be used in a very wide range of business settings. It is ground breaking technology, you will be developing some cutting-edge business intelligence including the use of some AI techniques.
If you haven't Googled LiveCode already it is a tool that uses an ultra-high level, English like scripting language to promote speed and ease of development.
To qualify... We are seeking a passionate and committed Graduate Software Engineer / Junior Software Developer / Graduate App Developer / Graduate Mobile Developer / Graduate Software Developer or similar with a talent for learning code. As a guideline, your CV should highlight:
- The ability and willingness to learn a new coding language fast;
- You are self-motivated, enthusiastic and a good communicator;
- A 2:1 degree or higher in a related subject (Maths / Computer Science) OR good grades in Maths / IT / Computer Science in school and a clearly demonstrable personal interest in programming;
- You are a team player with an analytical mind who is dedicated, enthusiastic, a fast and keen learner;
- Good communication skills;
- You will are capable of working independently but also liaise efficiently with other members of the team, who may be working remotely;
- You will be working in LiveCode. While previous experience with this language is an advantage it is not necessary, training will be provided.
Some design / UI experience would also be an advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Software Engineer / Junior Software Developer to work within a friendly, relaxed working environment, contributing to a growing and successful small company.
More searches like this
- Media & Advertising Project / Product Management £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Edinburgh
- Education Project / Product Management £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Edinburgh
- Technology & New Media Project / Product Management £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Edinburgh
- Marketing & PR Project / Product Management £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Edinburgh
- Retail Project / Product Management £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Edinburgh