Red Cross Volunteers - Conwy
Red Cross Volunteers - Conwy
Share your kindness in Conwy
Since 1870, the British Red Cross have been helping people in crisis. We pride ourselves on being a neutral, independent and impartial organisation, and our focus is simply on helping those that need it most.
Simple acts of kindness can make a big difference to those in crisis, which is why we need volunteers across the county of Conwy to join us.
Here's some of the work we do
Even if you're not sure how you could help, if you're 15 years of age or older and passionate about our cause we would welcome the opportunity to speak to you about how you could get involved.
Below is a summary of some (but not all) of the services we currently offer across the county:
- Short term resettlement service - Operated from Glan Clwyd Hospital, this is a short term service designed to support those due to be discharged or recently discharged from hospital providing relevant information and practical support to help them adjust to living alone again.
- Positive Steps Project - A joint partnership between the British Red Cross and the Royal Voluntary Service which supports people over 50 years of age who have experienced some sort of personal crisis and/or trauma, and need help to reconnect with their own community.
- Co-Op Connecting Communities Project - Funded through our partnership with the Co-Op this service supports people of all ages in reducing their feelings of isolation and loneliness. This maybe a new parent, someone who is recently bereaved or someone managing a health condition that limits their ability to get out and about.
- Emergency Response - We operate an "Everyday" emergency response rota system in Flintshire, this involves volunteers being on call and responding should we be asked to respond to any emergencies in the local area such as a fire or flooding
Refugee Service and Restoring Family Links
- Syrian Family Resettlement Project - We support a number of Syrian families who have come to live in the county of Conwy, this involves helping them integrate into the local community such as helping them with access health care service, finding out about local transport etc.
Mobility Aids - Based at our North Wales office in Abergele, we provide short term loans of wheelchairs and mobility aids equipment. This enables people to be discharged home from hospital quicker, improves their mental health and wellbeing, speeds up recovery times, get back to work and school quickly, and reduces isolation.
We may not be recruiting to all of these services at the moment, but if you want to find out how you can share your kindness with the county of Conwy and help us deliver our different services, please get in touch.
You can either submit an expression of interest form by clicking "Apply Online" or send an e-mail to and someone from the recruitment and selection team will be in touch within a few days to discuss your interest further.
Connecting Human Kindness with Human Crisis