IT Security Operations Analyst
Over 175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
Job title: IT Security Operations Analyst
Job Purpose: Support the management and ownership of security services and operations within Thomas Cook.
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Strong knowledge of security principals and network concepts (Operating systems, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, Ports, SSL/TLS, IPS/IDS, VPN, MPLS, etc.)
- Experience evaluating complex firewall rules across dispersed networks
- Strong analytical skills, capable of analysing complex technical information to identify patterns, trends and linkage.
- Previous experience within an IT Security Operations role
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to translate complex concepts into easily understood principals.
- Basic knowledge in key areas of information security such as Vulnerability Management, Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Access Control and Authorization, Policy Enforcement, Application Security, Protocol Analysis, , Incident Response, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Encryption, Two-Factor Authentication, Web proxy filtering, and Advanced Threat Protection
- Working knowledge of security domains, auditing standards, frameworks, and risk analysis frameworks, including ISO 27001, NIST Cyber Security Framework, etc. Logs analysis from Network security devices and hands on experience with a SIEM technology tools
- Detailed understanding of ITIL principals
- The ability to work across various cultures internationally
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree in a Computer related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- CCNA/CCNA Security – JNCIA/JNCIS-SEC or related certificate
- GISF, CEH, or other related certifications preferred
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Review and approve Change, Firewall and Service requests in line with security policies and best practices, ensuring the effectiveness of solutions, and providing security consultative services to the organization
- Assist with analysis and monitoring of security controls for network, applications, data etc. in accordance with organization security, privacy, and compliance policies.
- Work in close collaboration with other IT Operations areas (e.g. Networking, EUC, DevOps etc.) ensuring the necessary information security standards/policies, and solutions are in place throughout the operations cycles
- Review/write security documentation on technical security assessments, policies, and procedures.
- Respond to operational security related enquiries
- Responsible for analysis of currently implemented firewall rule sets and associated mitigation of any risks discovered
- Responsible for tracking identified Operational Security risks within IT Security Operations and escalating where required
- Apply the information security strategy and ensure that there is quantifiable progress
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.