NCS Account Manager
NCS Account Manager
Start date: ASAP
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
We are looking for a positive, approachable and adaptable Manager to join our NCS Account Management Team. As an NCS Account Manager you will have partial responsibility along with your General Sales Manager for mentoring and motivating your team to exceed business metrics. You will be encouraged and inspired to develop a capable team around you in order to develop high quality relationships and reach targets.. Reporting to the General Sales Manager the NCS Account Manager will be responsible managing a team of Assistant Account Managers who are responsible for booking recruitment events for the Field Sales Team to engage and convert Young People and their Parent/ Guardians in order to fill thousands of NCS places in the area. In this role you will support the Assistant Account Managers with the relationships they hold as well as holding a number of key relationships yourself. You will work closely with the Field Sales Team on building the events pipeline.
- Direct line management Assistant Account Managers who will hold a large number of school relationships.
- To establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders in schools and college in order to build support of NCS with The Challenge all year round.
- Ensure both you and your team meet school engagement targets.
- Ensure team training is up to date and in accordance with company policy and the needs of their role
- Analyse individual performance data and provide support and performance improvement plan where appropriate
- Work closely with General Sales Manager to plan local strategy and allocate resources as necessary
- Work closely with General Sales Manager and Field sales team to ensure a smooth engagement process for schools and other organisations
- Deploy national strategy locally to ensure NCS growth within your schools.
- Work closely with key colleges to integrate NCS into their curriculum through term time delivery.
- Attend events and meetings to assess performance and training needs of the team
- Present and assist with pre-programme Information Evenings
Skills and experience
- Proven experience managing and motivating individuals
- Experience of working in a target driven environment and performance management
- Understanding of the education sector
- Strong and persuasive presentation and training skills
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to listen to the customer and understand their needs
- Evidence of a high level of organisation, with the ability to manage a busy workload
- NCS experience
- Understanding of post 16 education and experience working with post 16 education establishments
- Experience in working with secondary schools, in particular KS4
- Understanding of local authorities
- Sales and marketing experience
- Experience of working with Excel and Google Docs
- Experience working with CRM systems, ideally Salesforce
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time role on a fixed term contract until 12th November 2018.
- Salary: £27,000 per annum/competative.
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter by an email via the button below.
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.