Scala Developer (Junior)
Junior Scala Developer / Scala Java Developer
A Junior Scala Developer / Scala Java Developer is needed to join an innovative software development company with a global presence. Expect substantial on-the-job training working with a first class team that develops outstanding web applications.
With offices in the UK, Europe, Canada, United States, New Zealand and Australia, our client delivers powerful software solutions to public libraries, archives, museums, galleries and academic institutions. They are now seeking a talented Junior Scala Developer / Scala Java Developer who can demonstrate strong core functional programming skills to join their world-class development team.
Joining the core development team you will support and develop leading products using Scala. You will utilise your common sense, initiative and good communication skills to work closely with clients and developers. In short you will work on some cool projects using cutting-edge technologies with the opportunity for international travel.
To qualify... You should be a Junior Scala Developer / Scala Java Developer / Junior Developer or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience with Scala or another functional language;
- A degree in software development or any other suitable technical qualification;
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, with accuracy and attention to detail.
Knowledge and experience of any of the following would be an advantage:
- Java and the Java ecosystem of libraries and environments;
- SBT and other build tools;
- Knowledge of database systems and architecture, either relational or NoSQL based;
- Knowledge of Linux and associated development environments;
- Haskell, Erlang, LISP, or other functional programming experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic looking to work for a global tech business offering career progression, substantial training and a highly competitive salary.
More searches like this
- Media & Advertising Project / Product Management £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Education Project / Product Management £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Technology & New Media Project / Product Management £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Marketing & PR Project / Product Management £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Public Sector Project / Product Management £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester