Medical Receptionist Full-time and Part-time
OSR Recruitment are proud to be working alongside a local medical practice to recruit for an enthusiastic and highly organised Medical Receptionist to join their busy team in Norwich on a full-time and part-time basis.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Strong organisational skills
- Confident and polite telephone manner
- Strong IT skills including typing and Microsoft office use
- Experience working within a medical practice/surgery is essential
- Experience of working with SystmOne is essential
- Ability to be flexible - There will be the odd occasion where you'll be required to stay for an extra hour or two at the end of the week. This will be given back as 'time in lieu', however we do require candidates who are able to do this at short notice.
The role is full-time and part-time and works on a 'temp-to perm' basis, so the successful candidate will have the opportunity to earn a permanent contract at the end of the initial 12 week period.
To apply for this role please contact Matt Wright to find out more information on 01603 618 318 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, , if you haven't heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.