Duties of post:
• Implements policies of the board, ensures statutory procedures are followed, with particular
• Emphasis on patient safety and the management of risk; liaises with health care professionals to determine short and long-term needs and how to meet
• These objectives within budgetary constraints; oversees the day-to-day management of the unit or service and provides leadership to staff;
• Uses statistical information to monitor performance and assist with planning;
• Negotiates and manages contracts with providers and purchasers of health care services;
• Manages staff, including recruitment, appraisal and development;
• Monitors and reports upon the effectiveness of services with a view to improving the efficiency of
• Health care provision; coordinates the promotion of public health and wellbeing in the actions and policies of public agencies and their social partners; monitors and reports upon the state of public health and wellbeing.
• Prepares or directs the preparation of prescribed medicaments in liquid, powder, tablet, ointment
• Or other form following prescriptions issued by medical doctors and other health professionals; advises health professionals on the selection and appropriate use of medicines;
• Highlights a drug’s potential side effects, identifies harmful interactions with other drugs and
• Assesses the suitability of treatments for patients with particular health conditions; checks that recommended doses are not being exceeded and that instructions are understood by
• Patients; maintains prescription files and records issue of narcotics, poisons and other habit-forming drugs;
• Liaises with other professionals regarding the development, manufacturing and testing of drugs;
• Tests and analyses drugs to determine their identity, purity and strength;
• Ensures that drugs and medicaments are in good supply and are stored properly.
Required work experience (Pre-reg Pharmacist):
Previous summer placement experience in busy community pharmacy is essential.
Skills (Pre-reg Pharmacist):
• Teamwork, verbal communication, commercial awareness, self-motivation
• Able to complete small research project during pre-registration training year.
Education (Pre-reg Pharmacist)) :
• Successful completion of a GPhC accredited Master of Pharmacy Degree (MPharm), which is a full-time, four-year course. At least Second Upper result.
*Extra Note (Pre-reg Pharmacist):
- Potential candidate (completed one year training & obtained pre-registration qualification) will have opportunity to become branch manager. Alongside with this, management course will be provided to ensure candidate equip with management skill.
Salary: £23,000 per annum
• Strong leadership, teamwork, verbal communication, commercial awareness, self-motivation
• Registered with GPhC, accredited to provide Enhanced and Advanced Services (CPPE)
(Pharmacist) In addition we offer you:
Highly competitive salaries
Generous holiday including bank holidays and the option to buy additional holiday
GPhC fees paid
Employee discount scheme
Superb development and career opportunities
Salary: £27,000 - 32,000 per annum