Transport Co-ordinator / Administrator
- Open contract;
- 6 months' probation;
- Salaried post;
- Salary: £20,400 (gross; p.a.);
- Hours: 40/week (minimum);
- Mondays to Fridays (and few hrs on Saturdays in the morning);
- Start time: 7.30am;
- Lunch: 30 min (paid);
- Holidays: 33 days (p.a.; pro-rata).
Equipment control including:
- Assisting with physical and electronic quarterly audits for 16 different type of equipment
- Daily movement record of all in order to be able to control them
- Daily KPI control & hire and de-hire
- Planning ahead of equipment orders
- Supplying forecast of required future quantities every fortnight
- Booking of transport of each equipment collection and return.
Sales order processing using Microsoft excel, including:
- Daily record of orders into our sales files, which assures we invoice what we sold and that the fact we get paid for it
- Processing of orders, calculating transport spaces and booking transport to their final destination
- Agreeing and finding new transport companies when no management available and we are taking on new customer or circumstances change
- Creating pallet labels, plans, picksheets and delivery notes
- Updating existing sales files with new products , any amendments
- Creating new sales files if needed when taking on new customer
- Leasing with accounts department with any sales / invoice related issues in writing
- Keeping all delivery notes stored and filed for audit and shortage purposes
- Dealing with several shortages daily and requesting paperwork from hauliers if needed and distributing it to the marketing companies
- Building new or improving formulas into our excel sales file promptly on the dot on demand
- Correspondence and reporting: Creating and distributing weekly reports to third parties. There are several different ones, for different purposes.
- Dealing with unexpected issues of the transport department promptly efficiently using strong problem solving skills, which requires being flexible with your time and being able to prioritise between tasks.
- Dealing with transport companies about prices & invoicing issues, being able to talk with third parties in a stressed situation.
- Invoice checking:
Checking our CHEP pallet invoice monthly and requesting corrections and reimbursements when mistakes found.(N.B. That requires keeping a record of each incoming chep pallet to our company daily).
Absence cover: being able to work alone, running the office when issues require management to work outside our office.
Generating and supplying templates, forms for general processes: to create and supply forms for picking area and keep them topped up so they can use them while they work, such as Pallet content records, In-take forms for the yard, Daily order sheets, etc.
- To be able to create new forms when needed for any reasons.
- Record keeping of daily temperature records.
- Record keeping of cleaning records.
- Assisting with traceability checks of QC department, providing delivery notes etc.
- Distributing strawberry orders to all departments of the company and any changes that may occur in relation with them.
- Keeping and filing all the imported delivery notes.
- good level of spoken and written English;
- good level of math;
- attention to detail;
- competent in Word and Excel;
- ability to work individually and as a part of a team;
- FLT licence would be advantageous;
- CHEP pallets reconciliation knowledge would be advantageous