Team Manager - Children Assessment Safeguarding Team
We are looking to recruit a Team Manager in the Children Assessment Safeguarding Team (CAST) within Hampshire County Council. The successful candidate will be working in a well-structured, organised team who are growing their social worker staffing levels.
Hampshire Council pay close attention to looking after their Team Managers and strive to ensure they feel supported and welcomed in their roles. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable working environment with experienced leadership, whilst receiving regular supervision and training opportunities.
The responsibilities of the Team Manager includes:
- Ensure that children in care and those in need, including those requiring protection, receive high quality services and are enabled and encouraged to shape future service
- Sound knowledge of the legislation and practice that underpins child protection work, and be committed to delivering services that are of the highest standard
- Deliver effective services through management of operations, resources, information and people
- Managing a team of social workers and support staff, as well as budgets within constraints of policies, including monitoring, planning and prioritising workload across the team
- Ensure good performance within your team, showing mutual respect, and addressing any issues as they arise
- Lead staff and deliver safe, consistent management to the team
- Offer regular supervision, and ensure all cases are tracked and progressed, with sound, SMART plans in place to ensure this.
To ideal candidate will have:
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Social Work qualified (MA/BSc/DPSW/CQSW/MSc/BA)
Working with Ackerman Pierce you will be guaranteed weekly payment and access to continued profession development, including a dedicated consultant to support you through the interview and on boarding process. The position offers a long contract within a stable supportive team.
To discuss this vacancy or any similar vacancies we currently have available in Hampshire, please email your updated CV or contact Carmen Thong for more information.