Operations Manager - ALCM
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Operations Manager - ALCM, based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The role of the Operations Manager ALCM EMEA is to manage the buy-in of interest rate risk within the UK and improve the control and efficiency of the process
The role holder will be responsible for highlighting issues, risks and opportunities and responsible for prioritising these within a defined remit set by the head of Asset and Liability Capital Management (ALCM) operations. Managing the interest rate risk (IRR) buy-in process including identifying, transferring and monitoring the IRR. Developing the management information capability of the IRR team to add value to the IRR policy team, Balance Sheet Management (BSM) and other line of business stakeholders. The role holder will be responsible for building strong relationships with the main stakeholders of ALCM to improve the understanding of ALCM issues and therefore the full integration of these issues into business thinking and planning. To develop the banks approach to practically managing intraday liquidity risk including the reporting of this risk to the regulator and internally. Support the stress testing process where required.
The role holder will ensure all outstanding Management Self Identified Issues (MSIIs) raised against our processes are managed properly. Ensure all processes are executed in line with Functional Instruction Manual (FIM) and regulatory requirements. Taking the lead on running the buy-in process, changing the process and managing the development of our approach to managing intraday liquidity. Remove all operational risk from the processes and where not possible ensure that it is appropriately controlled and documented.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following:
- Relevant knowledge of Retail and Commercial Banking Products;
- Experience working in a relevant environment (i.e. banking)
- A broad understanding of financial budgets/statements/models, with experience of analysing data effectively for planning, forecasting and reporting;
- Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals;
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered;
- Previous experience on relevant systems, i.e. SQL, QRM (desirable);
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. degree level educated
- A flexible and adaptable approach to change and will support others to respond in a similar way ;
Closing dates for applications 18th June 2018