Trainee Management Accountant
Cameo is recruiting for a Trainee Management Accountant for an expanding company based in Banbury. The role will be permanent and full time and joining a growing central support team, it is a progressive role and the right candidate will develop over the next few months until taking full responsibility for completing the majority of essential routine finance tasks. It's the perfect opportunity to make the role your own and develop with the company. The team have a welcoming and optimistic outlook, so if you enjoy working within a busy environment, filled with passion and energy, this is the role for you.
Who will I be working for?
The company works within a social and people centric sector, where their relationships with their customers are exceptionally important. Therefore, having a smooth administration support to the team to enable them to deliver ongoing excellence is really important. Their company motto is "positive, professional and have fun whilst working your socks off".
What will I be doing?
- Producing monthly Management Accounts, including budgeting and departmental reporting as necessary
- Accounting tasks; monthly journals, raising AR invoices, paying AP invoices, balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitoring cashflow and reconciliation of the bank and credit card accounts
- Taking responsibility for the monthly invoicing run
- Successful upload of Direct Debit collection from customers
- Substantial involvement with Year End process
- Quarterly VAT submission and reconciliations
- Corporation tax submissions
- Involvement in Research & Development tax credit computations
- Monitoring, control and reporting of employee expenses
- Pricing analysis
- Share fielding of incoming office calls
- Process incoming/outgoing post
- Ad hoc duties - there are likely to be many new aspects to this role in the coming year, so flexibility is required
The skills I need…
- At least 1 year's finance experience with a good understanding of how the general ledger works
- A-level or equivalent education and relevant training necessary
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office. Good knowledge of Excel is essential
- A self-starter who can work alone or as part of a team
- Self-confident, showing initiative and with good judgement and decision-making capabilities
- Striving for constant improvement with a good eye for detail
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Keen to learn new computer systems and programs
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Confidentiality and discretion are essential
- A genuine interest in the business, with a passion to want to succeed in the role
What's in it for me?
The salary is £22,000 - £24,000 depending on experience, as well as AAT/CIMA tuition, 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), healthcare, Death-in-Service cover and pension, There are various team social outings, free parking and most importantly, the chance to be a valued member of a hugely progressive company.