Health and Safety Advisor
Our client a leading specialist within its field is looking to recruit an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join their successful team based at their site in Cambridge.
Based from the Cambridge office, you will visit client sites and develop a health and safety management system based on the OHSAS 18001 standard (including the provision of health and safety advice, safety inspections, assistance in the compilation of risk assessments and safe systems of work.)
Responsibilities will include:
* Assist clients with the development of a H&S management system. (Policies, risk assessments, and safe systems of work, etc.)
* Conducting site inspections (Including construction sites) and providing detailed reports of findings with recommendations for the client to implement.
* Conducting Fire Risk assessments.
* Managing designated client base. Including recurring appointments, document reviews, updates, etc.
* Provide H&S training to clients (Manual handling, Fire Awareness, General H&S, etc)
* Assisting clients with all aspects of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ's), H&S accreditation schemes (CHAS, Safe Contractors, SMAS, etc)
* Conduct accident investigations and assist with any RIDDOR requirements in conjunction with the client.
* Assist the client when dealing with enforcement agencies. (HSE, Local authority, etc)
The successful candidate:
* Minimum 2 years H&S experience, ideally within a consultancy environment.
* Excellent knowledge of H&S legislation essential.
* Tech IOSH minimum.
* NEBOSH Fire Certificate, or FPA Fire Risk Assessment training desirable.
* NEBOSH Construction certificate desirable.
* Knowledge of OHSAS 18001 standard, and auditing of system
* Full clean driving license and own vehicle. (Mileage expenses will be paid)
* Willingness to travel to other UK locations, with possibility of the occasional night away.
* Monthly visits to head office near Cardiff for team and strategy meetings.
* Excellent communication and engagement skills at all levels of business.
* Proven track record of client management with autonomous working.
* Competitive salary £26 -28K dependant on experience
* Private health care cover after one years' service.
* Company Phone and Laptop computer.
* Generous mileage allowance.
* Working with passionate, helpful and friendly team.