Up to £28k plus benefits
An established and growing SME based in York with sites internationally has an exciting role for an Assistant Accountant looking to broaden their horizons in a more varied role. Supporting the Financial Controller, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant business with plans to add an additional manufacturing division this year.
As Assistant Accountant you will support the Financial Controller in the following areas:
- Be responsible for management account information preparation
- Manage bank reconciliations in foreign currencies and the posting of nominal entries into the company's bank accounts
- Assist in the reconciliation of various nominal ledgers control accounts
- Issue management reports and statistical information
- Compile Intrastat and VAT reports
- Be prepared to work on sales and purchase ledger when required
- Assist with year-end tasks and preparation for audit
We are looking for a highly experienced Accounts Assistant/Assistant Accountant who is wanting a role where they will be able to gain insight into a wide variety of accounting tasks and where there is opportunity to add value and continuously improve the existing processes. We are looking for someone who has good commercial acumen and who is a self-starter.
- AAT qualified or studying CIMA/ACCA
- Proficient on Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Keen eye for detail
- Previous experience of foreign currencies advantageous
This is a great time to join an exciting business and to become involved in a wide variety of new projects i.e the introduction of a new financial system. The business will reward the right individual with scope for progression, an excellent benefits package and the chance to be involved in some great change initiatives.
As a well-known name within the Yorkshire Market; Ben Johnson Recruitment is a professional and consultative business with a focus on delivering bespoke, quality-driven recruitment solutions to clients and candidates.