Broadcast Support Engineer - Linux
Broadcast Support Engineer - 4 months contract till the end of June - West London - £300-325 per day
Broadcast Support is part of the Broadcast Services department. We are responsible for providing support services to other teams within Broadcast Services and the teams. Our goal is to drive excellence through exceeding business expectations.
The department provides the following:
- World class 24/7 proactive maintenance and reactive support to ensure industry leading
- levels of availability for a diverse range of end to end broadcast systems.
- Collaboration with stakeholders to create and maximise efficiencies whilst utilising existing
- available resources.
- Strategic and operational input from Subject Matter Experts into projects and technology
Essential skills, technologies and experience:
- Experience of Red Hat Linux or other Linux deployments
- Solid understanding of MPEG/DVB standards
- Demonstrable in depth knowledge and understanding of Entertainment / Broadcast technologies/Video Broadcasting (OTT)
- MPEG Compression systems
- Live Broadcast Experience
Desirable skills, technologies and experience:
- Coding experience in PHP, C++
- Experience with Oracle databases and scripting with PL/SQL
If you feel this role suits you, send me an updated copy of your CV and I will be in touch.