Finance Business Partner
We are Swinton Insurance. We've been helping people to find insurance for nearly 60 years. And we're far from done. With a fresh focus, a clear vision and some incredible projects on the go, there's never been a better time to join us - and to develop your career with the nation's biggest high street insurance retailer.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to work at our offices in central Manchester. You will report into a Senior Management Accountant to support both the Technology, Properties and Commercial Management functions to provide financial analysis and assist with their annual planning and regular re-forecasting. You will be a confident communicator with strong analytical skills.
Some other key accountabilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and ensure appropriate and timely action is completed to clear reconciling items.
- Prepare and issue monthly Opex packs to key stakeholders ensuring accuracy of data and relevant commentary.
- Regular engagement with the Commercial Management team providing adhoc financial data for cost areas across the business as they seek to identify cost saving opportunities.
- Lead monthly review meetings with key stakeholders to discuss cost outlook and performance to date against budget understanding rationale where not tracking to plan.
- Provide challenge and advise of financial impact where necessary. This will be crucial to driving cost discipline.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget planning and regular reforecasting.
- Deputise for the Senior Management Accountant when required.
- Adhoc work on behalf of the Head of Finance and senior members of the Finance team.
- Effective working knowledge of Word and Powerpoint. Exposure to an OLAP application such as TM1, Hyperion, Cognos etc would be an advantage.
- Preferably part/qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA.
- Previous Finance Business Partnering experience
- Articulate and confident with the ability to effectively communicate finance information to finance and non-finance colleagues
- A proactive and self-start individual continually seeking ways to improve management information
- Strong analytic skills required in order to investigate, understand and explain variances
- Excellent Excel skills
- Self motivated and proactive individual with the drive to succeed.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit enquiry, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.