Reading Almshouse Charity (‘RAC’) helps people in housing need, who have resided within 20 miles of St Mary’s Church, Reading, for at least three years at some time before applying to the Charity for accommodation, and who are of good character. RAC has 104 flats which are licensed at the equivalent of affordable rents (80% of market rents)
What will you be doing?
- Implement the Charity’s building maintenance policy and advise on any changes to it that are needed.
- Interface with the external Building Surveyor to ensure timely and regular inspections, preparations of budgets and workflows, specification of repairs; tendering and completion of contracts and supervision of necessary works.
- Be involved with the training and support of the property managers dealing with ad hoc minor repairs.
- Take part in the selection and supervision of tradespeople who carry out repairs, ensuring residents’ satisfaction with the works done.
- Support the Clerk to the Trustees as and when she asks.
- Report to the other Trustees on the progress of all works.
What are we looking for?
Experience in building maintenance and construction
What difference will you make?
Safe and efficient running of Almshouse Charity with over 100 flats and probably 18 more to come
Monthly: Up to 5 hours Annually: 4-5 trustees meetings
Before you apply
Please apply initially via the Reach platform.
Deadline: 14 Aug 2022
Interview: 27 August 2022