Mpeople Recruitment are excited to be recruiting on behalf of our client who are a well established business based in Oldham who have an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller to join their Finance team.
Our client, who are a leading wholesaler with a large customer base, are seeking a Credit Controller to join them on a full time, permanent basis.
Role: Credit Controller
Salary: Up to £20,000 per year
What is in it for you?
* Free Parking
* Access to onsite gym
* Central Oldham location which is easy to commute to
* Study support
* Modern office environment
* To maintain the Sales Ledger function by following up outstanding payments.
* To an on-going basis monitor, orders and establish financial credibility by checking customer history etc', and using the computerised system, release the order for delivery.
* To check the ledger for outstanding payments and telephone the customers to query the non- payment and attempt to resolve the situation.
* To identify reasons for raising credit notes, liaising with different departments to establish causes etc' and process credit where appropriate.
* To process payments as appropriate - Debit/Credit Card, Cash and Cheque, allocating amounts via "De Facto" against customer accounts.
* To organise, update and maintain appropriate and relevant filing systems.
* To deal with customers on a daily basis in relation to queries, credit control, account applications, carrying out credit checks, invoices, credit notes and payments etc',
* To draw up an "NBC" (Notice Before Court) list and notify reps, after seven days if payment has not been received, then send NBC letter to customer. After a further seven days, forward details to Company Solicitors for legal proceedings.
* Make applications for Credit Insurances, Appeals and process claims.
* To prepare and present a variety of reports for management.
* To process "Liquidated customers" and write-off bad debts as appropriate.
* To attend periodic departmental meetings as required