Job Title: Academic Teaching Assistant - English, Maths, Science, History and Geography
Location: Tower Hamlets, East London
Salary Scale: Scale 5
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Full time
GSL Education is currently looking to appoint an experienced Academic Teaching Assistant for the subjects - English, Maths, Science, History and Geography at one of our client Secondary schools in East London. The school is looking for someone who will be responsible to provide specific subject support (English, Maths, Science, History and Geography) for teaching and learning, to raise the progress and achievement of students.
About the Teaching Assistant role:
· Using specialist subject knowledge in English, Maths, Science, History and Geography to develop, implement and evaluate clearly structured teaching and learning activities that are differentiated to the needs of students
· Using specialist knowledge, to work with subject teachers in identifying and assessing student needs accurately
· To provide whole class support , small group tuition or individual support to students as appropriate
· To maintain and analyse records of student progress
· To keep accurate records of sessions, including topics covered & tasks set
The successful individual must have the ability to motivate students and achieve excellent results and have the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a successful team.
Ideal candidates will:
· Have previous experience working as an Academic Teaching Assistant.
· Support pupils who are experiencing learning difficulties.
· Be able to establish meaningful positive relationships quickly.
· Be supporting pupils inside and outside of the classroom.
· Be helping pupils to increase their confidence and self-esteem by listening to them and devising appropriate strategies.
· Have Good communication and interpersonal skills.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For more information on the role, school and how to apply, please contact Hinal at GSL Education on (phone number removed)