At Prodrive we combine our pace and agility with free thinking to redefine the possible. Prodrive Advanced Technology is our performance engineering consultancy. We bring together small agile multi-disciplined teams, to work from first principles to deliver projects quickly. From challenging electro-mechanical systems to electrification projects, light-weighting programmes, to low volume complex manufacturing, across multiple sectors and disciplines we accelerate understanding and take on challenges others shy away from.
We are looking for a Contract Manager to supply commercial support to the Business Development department, Project Managers, Finance and the Senior Leadership Team. You will be responsible for the life of a contract, from negotiating the terms at the Bid stage, the management of the contract, its modification and interpretation to exit, ensuring both Advanced Technology and the Customer adhere to the provisions of their agreement
* Provide day-to-day advice, support and guidance to colleagues in respect of contractual matters, taking a solution focused approach to business problems and providing a risk based analysis of options available
* Assist during client negotiations and decision making regarding escalating subjects to Senior Management where required for resolution. Leading on the contractual and legal aspects of those negotiations where required
* Where disputes over contract terms arise, provide initial advice and support to the team in terms of interpretation of contractual requirements.
* Challenge existing practices and lead the creation and execution of improvements including how to improve commercial awareness and best commercial practice to the wider business
* Be responsible for the drafting, presentation and management of new agreements and contract clauses in line with Company guidelines
* Review, draft, interpret, flow-down and administer contracts for the Prodrive proposals
* Bachelor's degree (law and/or business related) or other relevant experience
* Experience with contract formation and execution
* Excellent communicator who is able to build credible and trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* High commercial focus and acumen
* Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
* Ability to listen and offer direction to the wider team to drive problem resolution
What we offer in return;
A modern, spacious working environment with free onsite parking, competitive salaries as well as a tailored range of benefits, which include: life assurance, free fitness assessments and advice from our 'Fit 4 Life team', a subsidised canteen, onsite exercise classes, opportunity to join our group personal pension, 25 days holiday, with an opportunity to purchase extra, and company discounts e.g. motorsport merchandise... and much more