An exciting position has arisen for a Product Owner to join my client's software development product team and help drive our applications forward. Primarily working on the industry-leading application. Which is a complete end-to-end ERP system designed to assist with the day-to-day running of an Energy and/or LPG business.
My client is changing how they deliver solutions to their customers. To become more agile, more efficient, and better able to respond quickly to the needs and demands of their customers.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, articulate Product Owner to help them on this journey.
Key responsibilities for the Product Owner include:
* Develop and refine epics and user stories with clear acceptance criteria to meet the requirements of both internal and external stakeholders of the product
* Prioritise and maintain the product backlog, balancing the demands of the customers, user experience and technical capabilities of the product
* Work with Product Management, Business Analysts, and Customers to structure, interpret, prioritise and deliver their requirements in line with the Product Vision
* Solution Design in line with the Product Vision
* Work with the Scrum Team to breakdown user stories and plan sprints
* Encourage and motivate the scrum team daily
* Communicate product and feature progress across the company and to customers
* Triage and manage bugs and issues in the delivery process
* Manage products & features to the market-place
Essential requirements for the Product Owner:
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a product owner/manager role
* Agile SDLC methodology knowledge
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion
* Can solve problems and present solutions in a clear way
* Desire to learn new processes and techniques
* Ability to build and manage client relationships
Desirable requirements for the Product Owner:
* An understanding of the energy/ liquid fuels (Oil & Gas) industry
* Experience of ERP systems
A period of acclimatisation and training will be necessary, all of which will be provided for the successful applicant. You may be required to work within other departments such as the Support and QA teams during the initial training period to enhance your knowledge and experience with the software.
Once knowledgeable in the ERP products, a Product Owner will be expected to show flexibility and eagerness to assist the other teams in the business. Turn their hand to whatever is needed which might be QA, documentation writing, or training.
This role may occasionally require travel to client sites including the possibility of trips abroad (within Europe) which could last several days at a time.
In addition to an annual salary of between £35k to £45k, we also offer:
* Flexible working arrangements
* Company pension scheme
* Death in service benefit of 6x salary
* Permanent health insurance
* Private health care
* Employee assistance programme
* 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
* Free onsite parking
* Free beans to cup coffee in our amazing, open plan, bright new offices