Browning Environmental Communications (BEC) - the world's leading environmental communications agency - is seeking an Account Director to lead accounts from its London office.About Browning Environmental Communications
Browning Environmental Communications (BEC) is a mission-driven boutique agency delivering award-winning campaigns focused on environmental issues - like climate change, energy, food, and nature. "Environmental communications" is a new specialism that we invented that is in hot demand right now, because few agencies deliver this expertise.
BEC works with the UN, NGOs like The Nature Conservancy, and FORTUNE 500 companies, to deliver credible, impactful communications to all kinds of audiences - policymakers, investors, businesses, and consumers. These range from classical PR projects to huge global integrated campaigns, to deft strategic insertions in high-level political dialogues, and behind the scenes advisory.
BEC has a global network of consultants, and offices in both London and Washington DC.
For further information, please visit www.browningenvironmental.com Responsibilities and scope
- Project managing retained or project-based UK and international PR accounts and strategic consultancy projects.
- Coordinating with senior representatives of clients day-to-day and processing their changing needs.
- Provide analysis of detailed, policy-oriented national and international issues and political/stakeholder environments.
- Designing and developing messaging for expert and consumer audiences to be used across multiple media - from social media to thought leadership and stakeholder engagement.
- Designing and co-ordinating creative social media, stakeholder, and PR campaigns to target public or expert opinion internationally or in the UK.
- Managing delivery of work from team members to the highest quality.
- Contributing to agency knowledge management systems.
- Supporting with developing proposals, and contributing to agency marketing materials and social media accounts.
- Manage and mentor juniors.
- 5+ years' experience of strategic communications agency-side on the topics of climate, clean energy, sustainable food, or nature at the national level.
- International experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications in English.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience of managing a small team and developing juniors.
- Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Great references.
BEC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive + bonus + commission
Application deadline: Rolling