Google via Media Futures Group - A little about us
Google has consolidated its media agency partnership into WPP's GroupM, building on the world class digital work that Essence has delivered for Google for over 15 years. Media Futures Group (MFG) is a bespoke team that delivers on our commitment to Google for a more strategic, creative and integrated media approach established to drive better business results.
The MFG team is made up of best in class digital, offline, and integrated media experts who work together to enhance media's contribution to Google's business. MFG is powered by Essence, MediaCom, and other constituent parts of GroupM around the world. The MFG team operates in a seamlessly integrated way across strategy, planning, investment, creative, business sciences and analytics, data and technology. The profile of people who work in MFG are world class, committed to establishing a new high water mark in the media industry.
The convergence of expertise and excellence makes MFG the most progressive and exciting team in advertising and media, globally. The characteristics of successful MFG team members are that they are highly collaborative, intellectually curious and constantly reach for excellence.
MFG is committed to the growth of our people as a means to unleash the potential of Google's business. We are invested in whole-person wellbeing, values and behaviors that reflect our mission and purpose, and providing the tools and systems needed to do the best work of your career. We are constantly challenging ourselves to find new ways to deliver on those commitments through our community groups, mental health allyship, and a work environment that is conducive to our teams feeling included and supported. This is a team empowered by limitless possibilities.About the role
Media Planning are experts on the paid media landscape and how consumers interact with it. We architect and steward holistic media plans throughout their lifecycle, owning the creation of overall plans, cross-channel budget allocation, in flight cross-channel optimisation and reporting, and post-campaign analysis. We are our clients' key contacts for a unified view across all aspects of their campaigns, narrating the story of the campaign from planning recommendation through to PCA.
Accountable for brand planning our aim is to build deeper connections with audiences that go beyond the banner. We transform our clients' business objectives and product strategy into insight-rooted plans. We build and maintain strong relationships with media owners to ensure that our plans are the most innovative in the industry. We manage all reservation based media activity to ensure delivery against campaign objectives.
You will oversee development of audience and media research data, deliver tactical responses and development of media plans and PCAs.Some of the things we'd like you to do :
A bit about yourself :
- End to end management of smaller campaigns (tier 3 and some tier 2) with supervision
- Management and supervision of execs and senior execs workload
- Briefing internal teams and collation of data for tactical media recommendations and building of decks
- Support the Account Directors and the Associate Directors with developing tactical plans, allocation of campaign budgets and brainstorms for tier 1 and some tier 2 campaigns
- Creation of the media plans based on the tactical recommendation
- Audience research and validation where necessary
- Managing overall set-up and launch of campaigns and hitting deadlines
- Owner of the in-flight reporting - work with internal teams to pull together the relevant data points, analyse it and make an insightful recommendation for the optimisation
- Input into post campaign reviews with insightful analysis, demonstrating the effectiveness of our planning.
- Be the agency lead for research tools, delivering data points for consumer insight generation
- Bachelor's degree minimum of a 2.1 or equivalent from a top tier university
- Likely 3+ years experience at a digital media agency.
- An active interest in digital media and how digital innovation is driving change.
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration; but also capable of working independently when needed.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills - ability to think on your feet.
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze raw data, identify true insight and develop actionable recommendations. A natural affinity with numbers is a must.
- A self-motivated individual who is well organised and can manage multiple publisher conversations at the same time.